Uniform and Equipment
School uniform is available to purchase from National Schoolwear Centres (99-101 Stafford Street, Hanley, ST1 1LS, 01782 272991)
National Schoolwear Centres is our chosen uniform supplier. Students will be able to try on items before purchase, which will be more convenient, saving both time and money for parents.
With affordability in mind, we have researched a new suit jacket which will be introduced to students once our current stock has been sold. Its design is the same except for a plain lining, making this more affordable without compromising on quality. Parents have also raised concerns about the suitability of girls’ skirts. As a result, we are delighted to introduce a new bespoke school skirt which is compulsory for all year groups from September 2017 and must be purchased at National Schoolwear Centres.
Our PE uniform has also been refreshed to give students a new “corporate” school look, this is also reasonably priced and is available from National Schoolwear Centres in Hanley.
All items will be available from National Schoolwear Centres (99-101 Stafford Street, Hanley, ST1 1LS, 01782 272991). National Schoolwear Centres are open all summer to enable you to purchase your uniform in time for the new academic year.
All students should wear sturdy, flat black, leather/leather-look school shoes. Boots, platform soles and high heels and trainers are not part of the school uniform.
Hair & make-up:
We do not allow extreme hair styles such as, lines or steps shaved into the hair, unnatural colouring of hair or holiday braids. Make-up should be discrete and used only to cover blemishes. Heavy use of foundation, fake tan, eye make-up (including false eyelashes), coloured nails, false nails and lipstick are not allowed.
This should be limited to a wrist watch and one pair of studs in the ear lobes (one in each).
Piercings of any description are strictly prohibited.
Please note that from September 2017 we will only accept the below items of uniform. If you are unsure about which trousers/skirts are allowed, please look on our website to see which styles are acceptable and which are not, or contact the school directly. Examples of acceptable styles are also on display in the school’s main reception. Please do not allow your daughters to persuade you that fashion style or skinny legged trousers or tight fitting skirts are acceptable.
Students attending school wearing the incorrect school uniform without a clear written explanation from parents/carers, will be sent home to change into correct school uniform before being allowed into lessons.
Uniform List 2017/2018
Purchase available from:
Students are required to wear:
|The school uniform for girls comprises of:||The school uniform for boys comprises of:|
|Blythe Bridge High School & Sixth Form black suit jacket||Blythe Bridge High School & Sixth Form black suit jacket|
|White and blue pinstriped open neck blouse||White and blue pinstriped shirt (long or short sleeved)|
|Blue striped scarf with swan emblem||Blue and black clip on tie|
|Blythe Bridge High School & Sixth Form knee-length skirt||Black suit style trousers|
|Black suit style trousers||Black and blue pullover or slipover (optional garments)|
|Black and blue pullover or slipover (optional garment)|
We consider smart dress and pride in appearance to be very important for all students and expect parental support in ensuring that high standards are maintained.
If you are unsure of the suitability of a garment, please check the school website before purchasing.
- Boys and girls have the option of a black and blue pullover or sleeveless slipover
- Flat black shoes. Boots, platform soles and high heels, are not allowed. Trainers must be reserved for PE
- A plain dark outer garment. Denim, plaid, leather or coats with large motifs or slogans, are not permitted
- Make-up, including coloured nail varnish, is not allowed
- Jewellery is not allowed, with the exception of a wrist watch and one stud per ear
- Hair styles must be appropriate for school
- No eccentric hair styles or extreme styles
- No unnatural coloured hair
- No motifs or lines to be shaven into the hair
- No holiday braids
- Hair accessories worn by girls should be black
PE Uniform List – 2017/2018
Purchase available at:
- The National Schoolwear Centre: 97-101 Stafford Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, ST1 1LS. 01782 272991 – www.nsc-hanley.co.uk
|Games shirt||Games shirt|
|Black school PE shorts (not cycling shorts)||Black school PE shorts (not cycling shorts)|
|Black football socks||Black football socks|
|Football boots||Football boots|
|Black badges PE polo shirt||Black badges PE polo shirt|
|Training shoes||Training shoes|
|Shin guards||Shin guards|
|Black swimming costume||Gum shield|
|Towel||Black swimming trunks (not shorts)|
|Blythe Swim School Hat*||Towel|
|Blythe Swim School Hat*|
|*Can be purchased through Mr Whittaker at the swimming pool|
- In line with the National Curriculum requirements a note from parents is required if students are unable to actively participate in the PE lesson. ALL students MUST bring PE KIT as they will be expected to officiate/coach in accordance with the National Curriculum.
- All kit should be clearly labelled
- Forgotten kit – kit may be borrowed but this will be recorded with a kit mark in the staff register.
- NO valuables to be worn, all watches, money and jewellery, will be collected before the lesson and locked away. Pierced ears must be plastered over if recently pierced. Any valuables left in the changing rooms are left at your own risk.
- Long hair must be securely tied back.
- A towel should be brought to all lessons as showering is necessary on occasions.
- In swimming, anyone with a medical complaint e.g. epilepsy, asthma, heart condition must wear a differently coloured cap to the rest of the class. Minor medical conditions – WHITE. Major medical conditions – RED. Blythe Swim School Hats of all colours are available for purchase from school
- Boys will need to bring swimming trunks or spare underpants to wear under shorts for all activities, both for personal hygiene and comfort
SHIN PADS AND MOUTH GUARDS ARE COMPULSORY
Boys games shirt
Girls PE Kit