Meet past students who are studying or working in the field of
* Left with qualifications in English, maths and health and social care.
* Went on to achieve Level 3 and 4 qualifications in health and social care. Currently working within adult social care for Stoke on Trent City Council.
* Advice for current students: “Revise thoroughly and focus in all of your lessons.”
* Left with a range of level 2 qualifications, including health and social care.
* Became a health care assistant, later promoted to a senior carer in a dementia care home in Salford. Going to university in September 2020 to begin an adult nursing degree.
* Advice for current students: “Don’t stress too much; enjoy your final years. Believe it or not you will miss it when you leave! Take up offers of help from your teachers, and find a balance between work and play. Remember that career change and uncertainty is ok. I studied hairdressing at college; now I’m moving into nursing. Life is not a straight line of knowing where you want to be. It is curved, so allow yourself to make mistakes and learn from them. Get the grades you are happy with, and the journey will be less scary.”